Hail Weston has great range of facilities for all ages
The church at Hail Weston is a Grade II* listed building that is dedicated to St Nicolas and consists of a chancel, nave, west tower and south porch. The church was originally built in the 13th century, with some rebuilding in the 15th century; the tower was built in the 16th century. The church was completely restored in 1884, when the south porch was added. The tower contains three bells which have been there since 1709. Hail Weston was part of the same ecclesiastical parish as neighbouring Southoe.
The original playing fields were redeveloped between 2010 and 2012 in response to a petition from a group of village children asking for better play facilities. Using grants from WREN and Awards for All the area has been transformed
Friends of the Hail Weston playing field:
A new informal group has been established to oversee maintenance, improvement and development of our excellent and popular open space at the west end.
The Royal Oak
The Royal Oak is thatched 17th Century pub which sits at the heart of our village.
It’s a family-friendly pub offering lunches, evening meals, teas, coffees and cakes plus catering for private events.
The beautifully restored interior offers a main bar, corner room, snug and garden room plus a beautiful beer garden with plenty of seating and a sandpit for children.
Dogs are also welcome both in the main bar and on a lead in the garden.
The allotments are located on the Ford Road to the north of the village and are managed by the Parish Council.
If you are interested in an allotment then please contact Parish Clerk
Jennifer Abell - email@example.com.
Phone Box Library
In 2016, in response to the Community Led Plan, the village phone box on the High Street was decommissioned and refurbished as a mini library and book exchange.
Anyone is welcome to borrow, swap or donate books as they wish – no late fees here!